Instagram Pictures

Instagram Pictures

Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Big 3-0 (and Slutty Brownies)



Nadri turned 30 yesterday! Had so much fun teasing him about being an old fart hehe. I can’t believe that this is his ELEVENTH birthday that we’ve celebrated. We’ve been together since he was 19!

Wayyy back then my mom would tell my sisters and I to find a guy who’s at least 4 to 5 years older than we are. I always wondered why. But now I get it.

Guys mature later than girls.

This is a proven fact. There are countless studies on this, and they’re spot on. Take it from someone who has been with the same guy since he was 19 until 30.

I guess you can look at it this way. Their maturity age is their actual age minus 5 years (or more). So if your partner is say, 20 years old, you’re actually dating a 15-year-old boy.

I also came up with my own theory that guys who play video games mature later than guys who don’t. So you gotta take off another 5 years when gauging their maturity age.

I started a relationship with Nadri when he was 19 (maturity age 14, but since he’s an avid play station fan, his actual maturity age was 9).

Yup, that sounds about right. I swear there were a lot of times where I felt like I was his mother, not his girlfriend/fiancé/wife.

Thank god he has grown so much these past few years that I’m starting to feel a lot less like a mother to him but more like a cougar instead rofl.

Jokes aside, I’m really happy to see him now. For his age, I feel like he has achieved quite a lot and I pray that he will continue to be a better man for himself and our family. And hopefully, no more play station or watching useless videos on youtube in the future XD 

Anyway.

Since we already went to “Dinner in the Sky” last week for his early birthday celebration (it was awesome, will write on that another day), we only had a simple dinner at home yesterday.

I made his favorite lamb rack and potatoes, bacon wrapped asparagus, and slutty brownies. Nope, not a typo. That’s really what it’s called! You’ll see why.



Wrap asparagus with beef bacon, pop it in the oven for 10 minutes at 190 degrees, and that's it!


So damn good, in an artery-clogging way.



His portion vs mine.


Wiped clean.


For the slutty brownies all you need is a brownie batter (I used Pillsbury instant brownie mix), Oreos and chocolate chip cookie dough (any recipe).


Line a baking tray and then layer the cookie dough at the bottom, pressing it down for even coverage.


Followed by Oreos.


Then pour the brownie mixture on top.


Bake it in the oven according to the instructions on the brownie mix box.


I served it with ice cream. No pictures of that cos I cannot tahan, had to have it then and there. I used a plastic knife to cut through hence the messiness. Otherwise you could clearly see the layers like this:


Why is it called slutty brownies?
Cos it's so easy, and filthy.
 Hahahahahaha.


Happy 30th sayang. I love you.


2 comments: