Instagram Pictures

Instagram Pictures

Thursday, April 23, 2015

It Has Been Too Long

Some of the questions that I get asked quite a lot are:
  1. Why did I stop writing
  2. When will I start writing again
  3. When am I going to have a second baby LOL 
To answer the first question, the truth is, I lost interest in writing after my grandmother passed away. It was and still is the hardest thing that I have ever had to go through in my life. I'm not gonna go into the details because it's too personal but one thing for sure is I think I almost hit rock bottom that writing was the last thing on my mind. It took me a few months to even start working properly and be somewhat myself again.

At that point I did miss writing once in a while, but slowly that feeling started to go away until it was completely gone. 

Sometimes I would get emails or comments from people asking me to update my blog and in my mind I'd be like, "Oh yeah, I have a blog!".

The most recent email that I've received was last week from a sweet girl who said that she had just finished reading my whole blog in one night and that she loved my stories and she laughed so hard about Nadri and the peanuts and I was like what peanuts?? Curious, I opened my blog and started reading. 

And THAT'S when I rediscovered my passion for writing. Reading the posts brought back so so so many memories. My favourite ones are about Alayna and I kept thinking thank god I wrote them down because I don't even remember some of them now, especially all the tiny little details.  

Then I felt regret, for having this huge gap between the time that I was actively writing and now, because so many things have happened ever since and Alayna's all grown up and I didn't get to 'archive'  them.  

So.. here I am! 

I hope I could start squeezing in some time to update on a weekly basis at least. I guess this should answer the second question, although there's just really no way of knowing for sure because I'm juggling a husband, a toddler, a house (my maid quit 2 months ago, more on that in another post), and a job.

For example I started writing this post at around 8 pm whilst Alayna was sleeping and Nadri was still on the way home. 

Then I got distracted by online shopping because I received an email about a flash sale. 

Then Nadri came home with food and you know my tummy is my priority. 

Then I cleaned up and did the dishes. 

Then I continued writing a bit. 

Then Nadri wanted to use the laptop. 

Then Alayna woke up to drink water before deciding that she wanted to have a chat with us for a good 10 minutes before going back to sleep. 

In the end I could only finish this short post at 2.40 am -______-

Oh well. One step at a time.






4 comments:

  1. Tia, thank you for writing back!
    If you can just write an entry per week that's much better than nothing. I love reading your post.
    Oh ya, I hope you can share the recipe of dessert that you made when you host the BBQ party.. Thanks in advance Tia and kisses to Alayna! <3

    -Yaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I just wonder if you would like to share a bit on how u manage your finance. I mean i just finished my studies and just started working. I dont really know where to start saving but looking at you idk why really inspire me to save some money and go vacay! Haha. If you dont feel like sharing pun it's okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh i miss u kak tia. miss ur writing. mis alot like alot alot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeaayyyy thnk u for ur comeback!!!luvs ur writing!all d best wishes frm ur die hard fan!;)

    ReplyDelete