Instagram Pictures

Instagram Pictures

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Moving Out


After over 7 years of marriage, 5 years of living with my parents (the first 2 years we were in Melbourne), and almost 3 years of becoming parents, we finally moved out into our own place!

*happy dance*

We have been delaying it for so many months (because this is not ready, that has not arrived), until I just could not take it anymore so I said to Nadri on a Wednesday about 3 weeks ago,

“Sayang, we are moving out latest on next next Sunday. Latest.”

After checking with our parents on their availability, we told the rest of the family to come over for a doa selamat on that date (I have watched way too many horror movies which revolve around families moving into a new house that there is no way I would move in without having a doa selamat first).

The days leading to our moving out date were hectic from packing and packing and more packing.


Literally a mountain of clothes. And that is not even half of them.


9 out of 20 bags of clothes.


While sorting out what to throw and what to keep, I found a number of things that made me smile and brought me back down memory lane, like this one:


I will always remember this phone. At the time all the celebrities like Paris Hilton (whom I USED to adore) were using the exact same model. I was soo obsessed with it. 

Now that I think about it, I kinda miss flip phones.. Imagine if you're pissed off at someone and you wanna hang up but instead of merely pushing the red button you get to slam the phone shut. So damn satisfying, no? 


Pictures from our engagement day in 2006!!


We have come a long way guys. Almost everyone in this picture has gotten married and some are now parents :')


One of the cards for our wedding presents. I think you guys meant 'conception' instead of births LOL. 


More clothes with tags still on. Didn't even know I had them.


Nadri found his old lecture notes from Melbourne Uni and got sentimental  -__-


This one was too busy pretending to be a princess to help  -____________-


 Junks to get rid off. I'm such a hoarder.



On that Sunday, we spent the whole afternoon shopping for some last minute things that we need for the house such as dustbins, a set of knives, doormats etc. After getting everything on the checklist, we headed home to my parents’ and moved my final belongings to the new house:
  

My bags.


Alhamdulillah the doa selamat went well. Showed my relatives around the house. In telekung XD


The next morning I woke up feeling so excited because I wanted to make French toast for breakfast.

But we had these instead:


We, um, forgot to get gas.

(well in my defence I thought it comes with the stove) 

4 comments:

  1. Hey congratz on ur house warming!do post ur new hse..specially ur wardrobe room... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear. Currently I'm living in my parent's place in S Alam and is scouting for a landed house in S Alam also. Do you mind to tell which housing project is yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
    Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website ini www.kumpulbagi.com untuk info selengkapnya.

    Oh ya, di sana anda bisa dengan bebas mendowload music, foto-foto, video dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)

    ReplyDelete