|Grilled salmon with sweet potato chips and steamed broccoli and sweet potato|
I posted this picture of Alayna's lunch recently and someone asked me to share the recipe so here it is:
Broccoli (or any vege of your choice)
Sweet potatoes (normal potatoes also can)
Butter (I use unsalted butter)
To make grilled salmon:
1) Make small incisions on the salmon
2) Season with italian herbs, rosemary, pepper (you can add salt but I personally do not add salt to Alayna's food)
3) Pat on a bit of olive oil
4) Grill it until its done
5) Melt a bit of butter on top of it while it's still hot
|I use an indoor grill that looks something like this|
To make sweet potato chips:
1) Peel off the skin
2) Cut the sweet potato into thin slices (if you want the chips to be crunchy then make sure the slices are really thin)
3) In a bowl, toss the thinly sliced sweet potato with oilve oil, pepper and some italian herbs (again, you can add salt if you want)
4) Bake the chips in the oven until they turn golden brown. I can't really remember the exact temperature or duration. I think 180 degrees celsius for 20 minutes. I waited in front of the oven the whole time and kept poking at the chips to see if it was done (you can also fry them but baking is a healthier option).
To make steamed veges:
1) Just steam la.
2) Oh and I also melted some butter on the veges while they're still hot, like what I'd do with the salmon.
Anddd we're done!
I loveee cooking for Alayna. It's so rewarding to see her eat what I have prepared and watch her make the "yummy" sign whenever she takes a bite, while knowing that she's getting all the nutrition that she needs. I can't afford to cook everything from scratch on a daily basis (like this salmon dish) so usually I will cook her pasta sauces/soups/meatballs/fishcakes/nuggets in big batches and freeze them.
Ok now I'm hungry.