Instagram Pictures

Instagram Pictures

Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Fashion Valet Shoot

So 3 weeks ago, I was contacted by Fashion Valet. They were wondering if I was interested to be one of their models for their Independence Day themed photo shoot. 

I thought they got the wrong person.

At first I wanted to say no because I have absolutely zero experience with modelling, and it is something that is wayyy out of my comfort zone. But then I figured, what the heck. It's a once in a lifetime thing. So I said yes.

Then I received a text saying, "Oh by the way your co-stars are Carey Ng (winner of Miss Universe Malaysia 2013) and another girl from the Miss Universe Malaysia Organisation.

Are. You. Freaking. Kidding. Me.

Oh god what did I get myself into?? T__T

A few days before the shoot, I was informed that:

  • the call time is 6 am @ FV office
  • the shoot will end around 6-7pm
  • I was told to wear nude underwear and a strapless bra

The night before the shoot, I set the alarm at 4.30 am.

I woke up at 5.50am.

I texted Marissa to tell her that I was going to be a bit late. I took a super quick shower, kissed Alayna goodbye (I almost cried because I've never left home before she woke up) and zoomed off to the FV office.

When I reached, the other two models (Carey Ng couldn't make it, so they replaced her with Miss Malaysia World 2013 1st runner up. Seriously why the hell was I there? T____T) already had their hair and makeup done. 

After that everything happened so fast. Hair and make up - a quick fitting of my outfits that I was going to wear for the shoot - off to Dataran Merdeka.

The two girls and I got a ride with the make up artist, Joey. When we reached the Dataran she dropped us off first because finding a parking space was going to take a while.

As we were standing there waiting for everyone to arrive, we saw a group of girls nearby who were also dolled up and wearing kinda fancy clothes. They kept looking over to us and we were like, "Umm are they here for the FV photoshoot too? Should we go wait with them?"

A guy walked towards that group and started ushering the girls into a van. He called us up and signalled for us to hurry up and get into the van as well.

We were so confused.

Turns out they were shooting for an Indian movie dance scene hahahaha. I don't blame them for thinking that we were there for the same thing too. I mean, normally people don't go to Dataran Merdeka so damn early in the morning, all made up and wearing 5 inch heels just for fun right?

After what seemed like forever, the whole crew finally arrived. The MUA, the hairstylist, Dean (Vivy's husband/FV's CEO) the FV girls (Marissa, Kim, Jasmine) and the photographer, Nick, who is one of CLEO's most eligible bachelors.

And then.. the madness began.

(The following behind the scene pictures are courtesy of Kim & Jasmine. I was having a major panic attack the whole time I didn't even bother whipping out my phone to take selfie pics or ask someone to take photos for me)




Test shots by Kim. 



For the second outfit, we had to cross the road while talking to and laughing with each other. It took the longest time because the traffic light takes forever to turn green. And when it does, it lasts for literally less than 10 seconds. Since we had to do a few rounds to get a good shot, a lot of time was spent waiting for the traffic light by the roadside.



While waiting..



Right: L'oreal Mok. Miss Malaysia World 2013 1st runner up

Middle: Stephanie Vincent. Miss Universe Malaysia 2012 finalist 

Left: Tia Hakim. Miss Nobody

These girls are crazy tall too. Stephanie is 5'10". She's as tall as Adriana Lima! She told me that she's the shortest in her family :O




Pitstop to take a photo before we walked to the next spot. Yes, walk. In heels. Under the scorching hot son. While having strangers stare and point at you.


Then we moved on to the last location, the old KTM train station.


With Jasmine, FV's stylist, who eats like nobody's business and yet remains a size zero.


Third outfit. 

See? Not as glamorous as you'd think. Getting hair and make up done on a bench next to the dustbin lol. 



I loveee these Noona pants. Gorgeous print and they're super comfy to boot. It's nice to wear loose pants for a change. I ended up buying it in turquoise. 


We wrapped the shoot around 4.30pm. Then all of us went to Pavilion to eat (my first meal of the day). But I was too tired to even finish my food (which is so not normal for me, I usually finish mine and Nadri's). Man, no wonder models are skinny.

I reached home at 7pm. I was so engorged my girls were as hard as stone. I wonder if that's what having breast implants feels like..

Selfie on the way home. Make up by Joey.

Anywayyy, these are the official photos taken from FV's website:





What I have learned from this experience:

Modelling is NOT easy. 

The hardest part is to not look like you're posing O_o There is also a lot of waiting and standing involved (throughout the 6 hours+ shoot, I think I sat down for less than 2 hours). If your shoot is outdoors and the weather is hot, then it's worse. Sometimes there's physical pain too. For example if your shoes are too big or too small, you just have to suck it. Like when we were crossing the road, Stephanie tripped and fell a few times because her shoes kept coming off. She had to quickly put them back on and continue to walk with a smile on her face as if nothing is wrong (see above picture). Seriously, I have a new found respect for models now.

I definitely can't be a one. It's so different posing for a professional photographer as compared to posing for friends/family/Nadri because with them I can just try anything and make a fool of myself and not care XD

I'll stick to being a financial consultant and a part time blogger, thanks hehe.


4 comments:

  1. Gosh! Congratulations Tia! You're talented, no worries. I've seen the ads. You look gorgeous as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modelling is fun but yea,its super exhausted. Reminds me of my 5hrs modelling time for helping my friend for her final year assignment and it was bizarre! Lol

    But you looking great in all pictures. You have that talent actually haha i'm sure there will be lots of offer for you, soon. Just be prepared xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, exhausting sgt! When I got home I slept like a baby lol.

      Thanks babe XXX :)

      Delete