Instagram Pictures

Instagram Pictures

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Product Review: Kryolan Supra & Dermacolor Camouflage Cream

Being the make up junkie that I am, I always have this itch to try out new products, especially if they are sworn by by famous MUAs. 2 weeks ago, I suddenly remembered about Dermacos which is a foundation that is used by Sue Cantik, whom I believe needs no introduction. I spent some time google-ing about it and I found out that it is a product by Kryolan. Apparently Kryolan is a favourite brand among Indonesian MUAs (and we all know how awesome they are right). 

I asked my friends if they know where to get Kryolan stuffs. Erin introduced me to "Hani Kryolan" on Facebook. I contacted the seller, and turns out that her shop is in Section 7 Shah Alam! Without wasting any time, I visited her shop, and went bonkers.

I came home with these:

Kryolan Supra (trial pack)
Dermacolor Camouflage Cream (trial pack)
Dermacolor Fixier Powder (trial pack)
4 color shading/highlighting kit
1 Blusher
3 make up brushes brushes

Total = RM 156 only :O


Top: Dermacolor Fixier Powder.
Bottom left: Dermacolor Camouflage Cream. Bottom right: Kryolan Supra


As you can see, the packaging is pretty small because I bought the trial pack instead of the full-sized version. But even so, I think they could last me for months because there's a lot of products inside and you only need to use a small amount at one time. The trial pack is about RM20+ to RM30+ each. 


Kryolan Supra


I apply this using a foundation brush. Super easy to blend. It covers E V E R Y T H I N G. I didn't even have to use a concealer for my dark circles!! It gives you that flawless, porcelain-like skin. I think it looks amazing on its own but if you're going to be under the sun I think you should set it with powder. The foundation is pretty heavy though. I would not wear it on a daily basis. Only to events/weddings. I'm wearing Supra in the following (no filter) pictures:






Face:
Kryolan supra
Laura Mercier secret brightening powder (under eyes)
M.A.C studio fix powder

Eyes:
Urban Decay Naked Palette 1 (Virgin for brow bone, Darkhorse for base colour and under the eyes, Buck for eyebrows)
M.A.C Penultimate Eyeliner in Rapid Black (for lashline)
M.A.C Eye Kohl in Smoulder (for waterline)
Doll Lash falsies

Cheeks:
Laura Mercier mineral blusher in Pink Spark (found out that this has been discontinued T_T)
M.A.C highlighter in soft & gentle

Lips:
NYX lip balm in Merci




Dermacos Camouflage Cream


I also apply this with a foundation brush. The texture of this foundation is drier compared to Supra so I would dip my brush into M.A.C strobe cream then dip the brush into Dermacolor and then apply. This also covers imperfections like a dream. No concealer needed. Looks amazing on its own as well. Between this and supra, I think this is less heavy and is suitable for everyday use. 


Please excuse my hair and cupcake pyjamas lol


Face:
Dermacolor camouflage cream
Laura Mercier secret brightening powder (under eyes)
M.A.C studio fix powder

Eyes:
Urban Decay Naked Palette 1 (Virgin for brow bone, Darkhorse for base colour and under the eyes, Buck for eyebrows)
M.A.C Penultimate Eyeliner in Rapid Black (for lashline)
M.A.C Eye Kohl in Smoulder (for waterline)
Doll Lash falsies

Cheeks:
Giorgio Armani sheer shimmer highlighter

Lips:
NYX lipbalm in Merci




My friend Yana, owner of Michiko Scarves and a MUA
recently featured in Safiyya, wearing Dermacolor.


Yana's friend, also wearing Dermacolor. Make up by Yana.


From what I read online, the Dermacolor Camouflage Cream is best applied with a damp sponge, like what my friend Yana did on her friend and herself. But I suck at using sponges to apply foundation. I always end up with streaks, which is why I stick to using a foundation brush.  So you see, make up is not just about buying good products. It requires skills as well. Some people are better at using fingers, some brushes or sponges. You gotta experiment and see what works for you. But having said that, I must learn how to use a damp sponge from Yana. Love how the Dermacolor looks on her and her friend!

Here's another tip:

Please make sure that your face is well moisturised. There is nothing worse than putting make up on dry and flaky skin. 

Alright girls, have fun experimenting!

XXX


7 comments:

  1. Which shop is it? Location! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atas Restoran Barra at the shop lots opposite Jakel section 7 :) You can search for Hani Kryolan on FB and get the specific address. She's quite fast at replying.

      Delete
  2. Salam Tia,
    if u dont mind, pls come out ur make up tutorial with those products. i bought dermacolor directly right after i read ur reviews.
    Many Thanks.

    ReplyDelete