Instagram Pictures

Instagram Pictures

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Foodstagramming

One of the (very little) things I do that annoys Nadri is the fact that I have this weird obsession of taking pictures of the food that we're eating. 

Every. Single. Time. 

Even if it is something that we have on a regular basis. For example, it is our routine to lunch at Ben's after Alayna's weekly class. Every single week I would order the pavlova, and every single week I would take a picture of the pavlova without fail.

Nadri is so used to it that when the food comes he would look at me expectantly and say, "Go ahead" while rolling his eyes.

But sometimes he forgets and he would immediately grab his fork to dig in, only to get his hand swatted by me. He would then retract his hand while holding the fork, and sigh impatiently while I whip out my phone to snap a picture.

A few weeks back we were dining at a restaurant when suddenly Nadri let out a snort. I looked up to see what was so funny. I saw him stealing glances at the table next to us with a smirk on his face. I looked over and saw a group of girls, each of them were holding their phones while taking pictures of their food.

He looked at me, shook his head and said, "You guys (women) are crazy."

Last Friday, he sent me a picture of this:




English translation of the title: 

"The obsession of uploading food pictures on social networks is a sign of mental illness."

I laughed so hard everyone at Starbucks stopped and stared at me (I was alone waiting for my client).

The writer of this article must be a dude. Pfft.

Anyway I usually don't upload the food pictures that I take, they're just for my personal views. I guess I am not so cray cray. Maybe I should post this article on Instagram and tag Hanis Zalikha hahahaha.

(Hanis is a local Malaysian celeb whose Instagram is constantly flooded with sinful food pictures. Do NOT look at her account when you're hungry).


4 comments:

  1. hi dear..i pinjam pic u tau.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you knew he was THE one? My apologies if it's personal but I do hope you'd share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll write about that in conjunction with our 6th anniversary this weekend. We'll see how k!

      Delete