Instagram Pictures

Instagram Pictures

Sunday, April 14, 2013

King of Fruits

I love durians.

Despite my previously blonde hair, my grey/blue/green eyes (from wearing contacts) and my obsession with Latino women, I am a Malaysian girl at heart. You can take away strawberries and kiwis from me, but don't take my mangosteens and especially durians.

Just now, my sister came into my room and whispered "Got durian downstairs.." and something else but I didn't catch it because I was already halfway out the door. Now I cant stop smelling my hands. Sooooo goooooooood. Seriously, how can anybody find the smell revolting?

And I can't help but feel so offended when I see these signs:










Grrrrr.


Anyway if you love durians as much as I do, YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THE DURIAN PANCAKE AT LAI PO HEEN IN MANDARIN ORIENTAL!!!!!


Picture credit to www.wootfood.com


Picture credit to goodyfoodies.blogspot.com


This is nothing like all the other durian pancakes out there. If you think you've tasted awesome ones, you're sadly mistaken. This is the shiz ya'll. I tried it almost 2 years back and it still gives me sleepless nights sometimes.

I went with 2 other durian freaks. We ordered a platter of six first to try. The first bite was so orgasmic I swear our eyes instantly went wide and stayed that way until after we finished the pancakes. Then we ordered one platter after another. By the end of the night, we had 9 pancakes each.

One of my friends was so worried we'd take his, he licked his fork and then stabbed his pancakes.

-_______-

It is that good people.

Nadri hates durians though. Pfft so mat salleh la this dude. He really can't stand the smell. Wouldn't even let me come near him. Since I just had some, I'm gonna go give him a kiss now hehe.






Any Musang King lovers out there?? =D



1 comment: