Instagram Pictures

Instagram Pictures

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Putting Things Into Perspective

It is very easy to get caught up with our issues that we sometimes forget to be grateful with what we already have. 

For example, whenever I'm in bad traffic, I would get in such a foul mood. Everything would irritate me, I would rant on Twitter and if Nadri happens to call me at the time, prepare to be snapped at dude. 

There was this one day, I was stuck in a crawl and it was raining so you can imagine how ridiculous the traffic was. I was on dragon-lady mode as usual. Then I looked to my left and saw a couple riding on the motorcycle, braving the rain. Both soaking wet. There I was, complaining about the traffic while sitting comfortably in my car, with air conditioning, listening to the radio. 

Just now, I read about this elderly couple who can't even afford to pay for their monthly rent of RM120. The husband has a terminal illness, the wife has cancer. I instantly thought about how I've been stressing out since this morning on whether I should buy another pair of boots or not for the trip. It seemed like such a big deal then, now after reading that article, I just feel like a spoilt brat. 

My point is, whenever we feel like we're in a dilemma  or we're whining about a stressful situation, let's take a step back and appreciate what we have and thank God for all of His blessings no matter how big or small, because there are people out there who are worse off. Who knows, it might make us realise that our 'big problem' is not such a problem after all. 

I hope I'll always remember this but to be honest, I get carried away quite easily. Only when I see the less fortunate, I'll snap back to reality. 

Having said all that, it doesn't mean that we should be complacent. It's ok to work hard to get more, but remember to say thanks and give back to those in need. 

Just my two cents :)




No comments:

Post a Comment