Instagram Pictures

Instagram Pictures

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Girl Who Cried Hair

So last week, I told my friends that I was going to chop off my hair. No one believed me. I don't blame them. For the past few year I would once in a while announce that I was bored with my hair and I was finally going to have it cut short.


I chickened out every. Single. Time.



For example, I went to the hair salon earlier this year and confidently said that I wanted to cut my hair. All of the hairstylists were busy so I had to wait for a bit. While waiting, I looked at myself in the mirror, looked at my photos in my albums, took photos of myself (above picture) and I thought "What the hell am I doing? My hair is perfectly fine the way it is. Get out NOW!"

So I made a lame excuse about my baby crying and quickly walked out.

There were numerous other similar incidences which explain why no one really gives a crap whenever I say I'm chopping off my hair. I'm like the boy who cried wolf.

Last week, I had the urge again. I was so convinced that it was finally time. I've done everything possible to my super long hair for the past 8 years. I've coloured my hair blonde, brown, orange (DIY gone wrong), purple, maroon, red, blue, jet black (current hair colour). I've also had side swept bangs and full bangs. I have curled my hair in every possible way; tight, loose, big, small. There was nothing left to do.

When I told my girlfriends, most of them were like;

"I bet you will end up with a quarter of an inch trim only"

"Tia won't do it, trust me!"

"Haven't we had this conversation many times before?"

"I'll show them!", I thought. So I headed to the hair salon on Saturday, determined to follow through with the plan. I even had a long and emotional goodbye session with my hair at home and on the way in the car.

When I got there, I sat down and started flipping the hair magazines. All the short hairstyles looked amazing. I was giddy with excitement. I couldn't believe that I waited so long to do this. I felt great and I was smiling from ear to ear.

And then I saw the scissors. 

My hairstylist was making his way towards me holding a pair of big, fat, mean-looking scissors. I could feel my smile faltering, and it slowly turned upside down into a frown. My eyes started to well up with tears, my heart was racing and apparently my legs also came to life because the next thing I knew I was running, yes running, out of the salon.

Major fail.

I don't know how to explain it. I just have this strong attachment towards my hair. People always say it's just hair, it will grow back. But not to me. My waist length hair is a part of me, of who I am.

So yeah, my hair has been pretty boring for the past 8 years. One of the most major changes that I had was having full bangs a few years back. Even that took days to decide, and a number of trips to the hair salon before I finally went for it.

Philip Island with my sisters


Another major change was last year when I went to the hair salon to touch up my hair colour but Kak Seb (my boss) somehow managed to convince me to cut my hair. I cried the whole time. It turned out to be shorter than I expected :(

After crying face
Don't worry that's virgin margarita ^.^
Pendek gilaaaa :( I was in denial for a few months
Bob

Ok fine. In the last 2 pictures I was donning a wig that I got in Sydney haha. There's just no way in hell I would cut my hair that short. Not on my own free will at least.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Tia, I found your blog from the successful stories by Kevin zahri. And i am inspired to start having a healthy lifestyle since then. (thanks to you!) And after reading your posts, i read your beauty posts etc and now your blog has been one of my favourite blog! They're all very informative! :D

    p/s : Can I request you to blog about how you take care of your hair? You dyed them so many times but they look perfectly fine and healty. What shampoo are you using? Do you go for hair treatment weekly? Thanks Tia! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi babe!

      Thanks for reading. I'm so glad to know that you want to start being healthy. Good luck with that!

      As a matter of fact, a hair post is coming up very soon :) Can't wait to share with everyone this one item that I used to restore my beyond damaged hair from hair perming gone wrong haha

      Delete
  2. Yeayyyy! And about your outfit of the day posts etc. Love the way you dress! So classy and feminine, more like Blair Waldorf. ;) Keep it up Tia!

    ReplyDelete