Instagram Pictures

Instagram Pictures

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sure or Not?

"I want to lose weight but I can't give up food and I hate exercising. Please advice."

My darlings, then you will NEVER lose weight. 

I really wanna help you girls and I would be more than happy to share tips and give moral support but if you won't help yourself, no one can. 

The first and the most important question that you need to ask yourself is:

HOW BADLY DO YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT?

People have all kinds of wants and needs. Be it losing weight or getting rich or learn to speak French but it all boils down to the thing that YOU WANT THE MOST. Because if you don't truly want something with all your heart, you will not do everything in your power to achieve it. 

For example, I was crazy over this one Chanel bag. When I reached NYC, I called and went to every single boutique, every single day for the 2 weeks that I was there and I managed to get the LAST piece in the whole of USA on the night before I came home. I could have spent all those times sightseeing, dining, resting etc but no, I chose to chase the bag of my dreams. I didn't give up even until the very last day.

I had another friend who also loved that bag. She travelled to Europe the same time I was in NYC. She went to only one Chanel boutique, was told it was sold out and she got herself 3 pairs of Louboutins instead.

Both of us loved the same thing but clearly I loved it more and went out of my way to get it. My friend could have done the same thing and she would have found the bag if she did but since getting the bag was not THAT important to her, she decided that it wasn't worth all the trouble. Can you see what I'm trying to say?

Now back to my weight loss story. God knows how much I love food. I wish I could eat everything anywhere anytime. But, without the slightest doubt, I wanted to lose weight MORE.

The sheer determination gave me the strength to stick to my daily diet plan. Believe me, it wasn't easy giving up all the char kuey tiaw, carbonara, fajitas, nasi lemak, coke and do not get me started on desserts. It was pure torture.

To help me stay focused, I printed pictures of individuals whose bodies I admire. Like these ladies:

Adriana Lima, my ultimate woman.

Candice Swanepoel, whose waist to hip ratio is cray cray!

And of course, the legendary Victoria Beckham

I stared at these women every single day. If that wasn't enough, I would watch the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show over and over again. Seeing beautiful women with perfect bodies in underwear WILL make you put down your triple cheeseburger  and start running on the treadmill.

And believe me, these women work hard for their bodies (except for VB, she only diets because apparently she doesn't exercise).

Adriana Lima after intense work out session



Adriana's bruised knuckles from kickboxing



There's a youtube video which shows Candice's work out routine. When I saw her jump rope my jaw dropped on the floor. She is so fast you can't even see the rope. See? There they are in the gym breaking up a sweat and leading a healthy eating lifestyle while the rest of us lie on the sofa eating a tub of ice cream, watching Masterchef. So don't hate them for having perfect bodies. They completely deserve it.

Ask yourself, do you REALLY want to lose weight? If you do, you need to be prepared to forego some food and/or start exercising. Remember, losing weight is not easy. If it is, then no one would be obese. It takes determination, commitment and perseverance. So if you are serious about wanting to change the way you look, you have to stop making excuses, take action now and don't stop until you get there. Good luck everyone :)

XXX,
Tia

P.S: I know I haven't had the chance to reply all emails. I've been really busy. Please bear with me ok? :)

P.P.S: I lost weight from restricting my food intake only. I didn't need to exercise because I was and still am nursing Alayna. That burns about 500 calories a day which is equivalent to running on the treadmill for a few hours. 

4 comments:

  1. jae emi: like 2 pic above exc Vic B.. hihi..pernah terfikir nak buat macam ni untuk inspiration..tp bkn celebrity but favorite dress
    will put it on my phone wallpaper..hope my husband tak curi2 tgk my wallpaper..lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why tak suka VB!! Hehe. Yup favorite dress would work too. Better still, buy the dress in the size that you want to be :)

      Delete
  2. hu~~ betul la tia cakap.. sy tak kurus2 sebab tak betul2 sepenuh hatii.. usaha kurang tapi nak badan macam megan fox kan

    tengkiu tengkiu atas penulisan ini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure :) Now go print pics megan fox and tampal everywhere hehe

      Delete