Instagram Pictures

Instagram Pictures

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Our First Date

My Version (The correct one)

Sometime in 2003. I was 16, he was 18. He asked me out for a movie. I said yes. I met him at Sunway Pyramid. He asked me if I wanted to grab a bite first. I said I'm good but we could go if he was hungry. Then we walked about 2 metres apart from each other, in silence. He was actually a few steps in front of me so it didn't even look like we were together. He took me to Mc Donalds.  He ordered the burger set for him and coke for me. We sat down and he started eating.

Silence.

You know how at Mc Donalds there's this piece of paper on the tray which has random information on it? He stared at that the whole time. He was intently reading every single word on it while eating. And I just sat there, drinking my coke, watching him. No eye contact, no conversations, nothing. He just kept eating. I wanted to burst out laughing.

When he was done with his food, he stared out at the window. Our view was the Sunway Lagoon. I didn't say a word. I found the whole thing very amusing. From previous encounters with him, I knew for a fact that he was very very shy. So I wanted to see what he was going to do/say next.  There was a performance going on at Sunway Lagoon. Something like a native dance with costumes and all. He made some random comment about that, I couldn't quite remember what. Then he said let's bet if it would rain later due to the dance. I think he was trying to make a joke? I don't know. Basically, it was a disaster LOL.

Then we made a move to the cinema, still walked 2 metres apart from each other, in silence. We watched Johnny English. When it was over, he tried to make conversations about the movie, we laughed about it and I thought, ok, finally things are getting a bit normal here. We headed to the bowling alley. I was going to meet my friends and he had his training (he was a national bowler) later. Upon reaching the entrance, he said bye while barely looking at me and quickly walked away, leaving me alone standing there.

I was like, what the hell just happened?

I found out months later that he actually had diarrhoea and had to go to the toilet but was too embarrassed to tell me HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.


His Version (Completely fabricated)

I asked him out. He said no. I asked him a few more times before he finally said yes. We met up and he was super smooth, which swept me off my feet. I fell completely in love and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. (He left me abruptly because he was meeting another girl)

Right.


Alayna, don't believe your dad when he tells you that.


Melbourne 2009. 2nd year wedding anniversary.



Who would have thought that such a disastrous first date could lead to a marriage? Hehe.

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahahahahaha. Was laughing my head off after reading Nadri's fabricated version. I am so going to show Fariz this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do NOT show Fariz! Hahahahahahahhaha

      Delete
  2. Kah kah kahhhhhhh!! Kelakarrrrrr k version nadri. Like totally OPPOSITE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sgt! Mengada kan, tak make sense langsung hahaha.

      Delete