Instagram Pictures

Instagram Pictures

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Raining Clothes

After my wardrobe collapsed for the 3rd time (and after mom's constant nagging), I finally decided to do some spring cleaning. I couldn't fit into most of my clothes anyway, especially my pants since I lost all the weight. So after a few days of deliberation, I ended up with three huge bags full of clothes to get rid of. Since my intention was to clear out everything and not to profit, I decided to let them all go for rm5-20 (except for 2 BCBG dresses and another beaded dress for RM30 each, yes THIRTY RINGGIT for BCBG dresses).

I initially planned to do a garage sale but last weekend during the Raya Haji break, all my cousins came over and found out about the 3 plastic bags. From then on, chaos. One of my cousins and sisters ran screaming to get the bags and brought them to the living room where we were all hanging out. Shortly after that, it was raining clothes. Literally. Clothes were flying everywhere. One person would yank off an item from the mountain of clothes, throw it away if they're not interested in it, then someone else would catch it, and so on. Some became overly possessive and started to sit on the items that they have chosen. Everyone had their own 'turf' so that their items would not get mixed up.

I wish I had taken a picture but I was too stunned by the madness. Then I found myself also grabbing the clothes and decided that I would not be selling some of them after all, which was of course objected the girls. They called me buruk siku lol.

My grandma's room became the fitting room. She was Joan Rivers for the night, giving comments like:

"That makes your butt look big."

'That dress fits Kak Yong (me) just right, what makes you think YOU can wear it?'

Hahahahahha.

Among the items that I decided to let go are:

Pink & red color block dress

White + black skater dress (also in peach + cream, never worn)

Floral maxi dress

Stripes maxi dress

Halter dress

Patchwork maxi dress

Toga dress 

Off shoulder top

Lace poncho (my fav! I have two so i decided to let go one)
Red Jumpsuit

Hi-Low skirt

Random top
Pink jeans

White jumpsuit
And so much moreeee. Hundreds of tops, skirts, pants, dresses and caftans. Most of them are unworn, with tags still on.

The day after that, I bumped into my cousin at the mall. She wore this dusty pink vintage dress that I got a few years back but never had the chance to wear because its a tad too big for me so it doesn't look very nice when I put it on. On her, it looked like a million bucks. I sold it to her for RM15 hehe

Well you know what they say, one girl's junk is another girl's treasure :)

2 comments:

  1. pls dont tell me u let go of that black and white skater dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! And the other one in peach and cream too! :/

      Delete